Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Convention on Child Rights and Sight, Yale University


To Inspire, Motivate and Encourage” That was my motto and goal for the speech I delivered at the Distressed Children and Infants International’s 2nd Annual Convention on Child Rights held at Yale University this past Saturday September 10, 2011. Being a guest speaker to a group of such honorable and distinguished guests was definitely a memorable experience. We had Goodwill Ambassadors Babita Akhtar, an acclaimed film actress and winner of many global film awards from Bangladesh, and Michael Turco, an acclaimed magician and finalist on America’s Got Talent from New Jersey. I was also honored to be in the presence of Dr. A. Abdul Momen, Ph.D., an ambassador and permanent representative of Bangladesh to the UN and also Vice President of the UNICEF executive board along with many other notable guests. 

Every presentation helped open my eyes and develop my passion for education and halting child labor that much more. 

I proudly spoke on my experiences traveling to Bangladesh, awarding scholarships internationally and even the simplest things like dancing and singing with the girls at an orphanage. I love speaking about my passions and I was highly satisfied with the reaction I received.  I was honored when many of the distinguished guests approached me at the reception following the convention to express how much my speech truly touched them.





The youth forum was a huge hit and as always, I loved signing autographs and taking pictures with my favorite group of people – kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment