Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Best Buddies Halloween Carnival


My buddy Arianne loves to wear my sash!
Halloween is a creative and fun holiday to celebrate, especially with a “best buddy”!

Best buddies is focused on providing friendships for those with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
On Sunday October 30, I was very excited to be a part of their Halloween carnival. This event was created to give the Buddies a chance to experience the holiday in a sociable and inclusive setting.
I was matched up with my buddy Arianne in late September based on a personality survey. Although we had been chatting on the phone and occasionally going out for a meal, the Halloween carnival truly allowed us to bond by dressing up, playing board games and doing arts and crafts.
Held at the University of Texas at Austin, the best buddies Halloween carnival gave many campus organizations an opportunity to come out and sponsor a game or booth. It was a joy going to the different stations with my buddy and also seeing a lot of friendly faces and classmates.
Arianne pinned the stem on the pumpkin!
Although I wasn’t too great at pinning the stem on the pumpkin, Arianne and I found our niche at the cake walk and craft stations. I came home with lots of candy, treats, and crafts to hang around my cozy dorm!
  



Yummy! Lots of candy in our goodie bags!
We were great at the crafts table!









I look forward to the next Best Buddies event!

No comments:

Post a Comment