Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Year to Remember

Wow! I cannot believe that a year flew by so quickly and my reign as Miss Teen Texas International 2011 is now over. I am so proud of each and every contestant and the new Miss Teen Texas, Briana - I know you are going to do amazing things with this title! You are  now empowered with a crown and sash to spread your message and impact millions of people around the world. You are in store for a ride of a lifetime so as a Texas Longhorn I want you to buckle up and grab life by the horns!

As for me, my journey does not end here. I am eager to continue doing what I am passionate about - creating hope with the power of knowledge. I am currently working extensively on fundraising plans for the grand Distressed Children and Infants International annual Iftar Fundraiser in July. Keep your eyes peeled for more information! In addition to my summer internship and classes, I am eagerly planning my next trip to Bangladesh in December for the International Child Rights and Sights Convention.

I had an amazing year and I am so thankful and grateful for everyone and everything in my life. With the help of a few special people, I hope to change the lives of millions of children worldwide by sending them to school. My website is currently  under renovation but keep your eyes open for a new and improved beautiful site to be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment