Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Best Buddies UT Austin


Last Sunday September 23, I was very excited to meet my “buddy” Arianne at the Best Buddies matching party! I am more than thrilled to be Arianne’s college buddy this year and get to know her better while creating a friendship that will last a lifetime!

“Best Buddies Colleges pairs people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in one-to-one friendships with college students. In the past, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities have not had the opportunity to have friends outside of their own environment. Best Buddies Colleges provides an opportunity for participants to change the world simply by making a new friend.

Best Buddies Colleges also offers volunteers a unique opportunity to develop leadership skills. With the support of school faculty and Best Buddies staff, students and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities lead and direct the chapters in their schools”
 
Arianne and I, along with her roommate Chelsea, had a great time with our first trip to Starbucks! Although, I am not a huge coffee drinker, I do love coffee house aroma and Arianne LOVES coffee. It was great sitting and chatting with her, getting to know her and her likes and dislikes more!

I can’t wait to hang out with my buddy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment