Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bangladeshi Independence Day and 5K

I had an eventful first weekend back home as Miss Teen Texas International!
Friday March 25, 2011, I was very excited to be a speaker at the Bangladeshi Independence Day Festival held in Plano, TX. Being a Bangali-American, I have had the continuous support from my Bangali community from the day I was born! From their support, both financially and emotionally, I have had many successes with my organization, Learning Creates Futures. I was pleased to thank my community for always believing in me and their excitement and pride gleamed as I spoke about my new title and my International family. I also spoke about my recent trip to Bangladesh and all my fun and exciting experiences there! I am proud to say that I have a remarkable Dallas Bangali Community with many great leaders, supportive parents, and a youth just waiting to take on the world!




Saturday March 26, 2011 I participated in a 5K to fight lung cancer and promote good health. Held at my very own Cedar Hill High School Stadium, I was not only a volunteer but a runner also. Running up and down my hilly town, I am proud that I supported such a great cause. After the run, I attended a dedication ceremony for a Cedar Hill High School basketball coach who recently passed away with lung cancer, Coach David Milson. I had the great honor of knowing Coach Milson and he was truly a great man. He brought a smile to my face with his funny jokes and magic tricks! I was honored to be a part of such a dedication and Coach Milson’s legacy will forever remain in the halls of Cedar Hill High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment