Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The New Miss Teen Texas International 2011!


Hello! I am ecstatic to post my first blog entry as the new Miss Teen Texas International 2011. Being crowned at the beautiful Lila Cockrell Theater in San Antonio, TX March 13, 2011 was such an honor. My weekend was full of exciting and unforgettable experiences. Friday I was introduced to 30 other beautiful and talented young teens from all across Texas, all of whom were vying to be the new Miss Teen Texas International. From the first day at orientation I had already made friendships I know will last a lifetime. As I spent my weekend with these girls, we laughed, joked, and competed in the stunning city of San Antonio. From eating lunch on the River Walk to making an appearance at Morgan’s Wonderland, the adventure never stopped. Sunday evening started with a bang as a morning full of rehearsals soon led to a night of hugging and exchanging numbers with my new sister queens.

 
I am looking forward to a great year as Miss Teen Texas International! I have devoted my reign to spreading my platform, Learning Creates Futures: The Power of Knowledge, worldwide! Education truly is the key to success and I believe every child’s dream can come true with self-confidence and education! Awarding scholarships in third-world countries to impoverished girls, I hope to one day break the vicious cycle of poverty with the power of knowledge! Being a first generation born and raised an American, I have had the wonderful opportunity of travelling to Bangladesh and witnessing poverty first-hand. With these experiences, I have learned to value my education each day and truly work to better myself in some way everyday. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to impact these children’s lives and make a difference in this world, one smile at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment