Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Becoming a part of the Boys and Girls Club!


An outgrowth of the popular and effective SMART Moves program, SMART Girls is a health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program for girls ages 8 to 17.


 The program is designed to encourage healthy attitudes and lifestyles that will enable early adolescent girls to develop to their full potential.


With my first visit to the Boys and Girls Club in the greater Dallas area, I was very honored and excited to learn that I will be there new ambassador and specifically be hosting the Smart Girls program.

Just from walking into the club, I was quickly surrounded with children of all ages. Of course they were most fond of my crown! With “ooohh” s and “aaahhh” s  coming out all the young kids’ mouths, I was asked if I was a princess. With a quick smile, I explained my title and my goal to help spread the power of knowledge throughout the world. The girls were most excited to learn that I would be hosting the Smart Girls program in which they learn how to be strong and successful young ladies.

I came home with a beautiful collection of artwork the children had drawn for me and an agenda full of exciting events I will be participating in as an ambassador for the Boys and Girls Club.




No comments:

Post a Comment