Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An update from Learning Creates Futures


I was very excited to receive an update from the all girl’s orphanage in Mohammadpur, Bangaldesh! The girl’s love their library and enjoy reading books of all kinds! The “thank yous” from these girls truly bring a smile to my face because I know I changed their lives with the power of knowledge.  I am very proud to say that I founded Learning Creates Futures two years ago in an effort to create more opportunities for children all across the world to expand their horizons with the power of knowledge. It brought tears to my eyes to see young girls who once lived on the street, begging for money, to be sitting in an establishment with books, school uniforms, and a smile on. Last time I visited these girls over Spring Break they told me how they loved to go school and how excited they were to have me there to help establish a library. I am honored and proud to say that the library keeps growing and I cannot wait to go Bangladesh and visit these girls again! 





Education truly is the key to success and I work to help every child believe in the power of dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment