Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Reading Bug at the Zula B. Wylie Library



Catch the Reading Bug at the Zula B. Wylie library! I was more than excited to be a guest at the Zula B. Wylie library Friday morning. Story time was a blast with the 2-5 year olds, as we learned about different types of bugs! The lights went off as we listened to a story about a very lonely firefly and we even and spotted some lights around the dark room! As we sang nursery rhymes and learned to read books about bugs, the kids were thrilled to move on to arts and crafts! The volunteers at the Zula B. Wylie library prepared a special activity for the kids, following the summer bug theme. Making ladybug hats was such a joy and my favorite part was sitting and talking to the kids themselves. I was bombarded with questions about my title and what my duties as a queen are! As I spoke on my platform, “Creating Hope with the Power of Knowledge” I explained to them the reason I was at the library that morning. Education truly is the key to success and I am so proud to volunteer my time at the local library to help spread the power of knowledge in fun, fresh and exciting ways to children! Our goodbyes were only temporary, as I promised all the kids I would be back soon. I can’t wait for the next time I visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment