Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Building Inner Beauty


With society's emphasis on outward appearances, related pressures and expectations, females can be easily discouraged under constant comparisons.  BIB provides opportunities for ladies to be confident in their strengths and better understand their weaknesses, allowing growth and development beyond their initial hesitations or limitations.

 “A developmental program equipping girls and women to open themselves to the realities of their dreams.”

Self-confidence is, in my opinion, the number one tool to success! I was very excited to be a guest at the Miss Inner Beauty Pageant this past Saturday. With my amazing sister queen, Kelli Ansley, I had the opportunity of sharing a morning with girls from all across the Dallas area who may lack the self-confidence to shoot for the stars and explore everything this world has to offer. I particularly shared my experience at the Miss Teen Texas International state pageant. I explained to the girls how I initially felt very inferior with all the very talented and beautiful girls all around me. I was also very scared because my number one cheerleader, my mom, was not able to be there the first day. All alone, I was very worried and hesitant. But, as soon as I got into orientation and started talking to all the girls and having a good time, I completely forgot about my worries and just performed to the best of my ability. Inner beauty comes from within and truly shines with your personality and how you interact with people; this is more important than any amount of make-up, hair styles or beautiful gowns. 

Sharing with these beautiful and prospective queen social skills, interview tips, stage presence and even an awesome choreographed opening number dance, I was honored to be a part of such a great event.





No comments:

Post a Comment