Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Afternoon Crafts at the Zula B. Wylie library

I was delighted to spend another warm summer afternoon, helping with craft time inside the library. As always, the children there were on their best behavior. We had a blast making homemade tic tac toe game boards!
               
What made this time so different was the children who asked how I was crowned, and what I needed to do leading up to the Miss Teen Texas International pageant. I was able to share what exactly my title entails and what exactly the International pageant circuit is all about. I shared about the experience I had at the state competition, and what I’m looking forward to at Nationals. This is exactly what I needed while preparing this last week before Chicago!

I am so proud that so many young children find an interest in my title and as we spoke about goal-setting and my platform of “Creating Hope with the Power of Knowledge”, the children left awe-struck and with hands full of paint from our ‘crafty’ afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment