Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Monday, July 18, 2011

East Dallas girls are SMART girls!





                I was ecstatic when I was given the opportunity to once again visit another Boys and Girls Club site! This past Friday I was able to speak to the girls of The Greater Dallas Area Boys and Girls branch. I was able to see the power of the crown by the influence it had on these beautiful girls. As the atmosphere once again changed by the appearance of a queen, the girls all sat starry eyed as I spoke to them about setting goals, questing after knowledge and shooting for the stars! As all the young ladies shared their personal goals and aspirations, they all learned more about each other, the future and even about me! 
                They loved the games we played, as we all got in a big circle and shared like-dreams and goals, such as going to college, being a doctor or even learning how to drive! I am proud that I can impact so many aspiring young ladies, just like me, in my community. My time with these girls quickly passed as we couldn’t stop playing these fun games. I am so honored to be a part of the Boys and Girls Club and speaking to the East Dallas SMART girls was just the cherry on top!


Shoot For The Stars Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment