Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We are all SMART girls!!

Throughout my years of working with children and giving numerous speeches and presentations, I had never before experienced the true power of a crown. As I walked into a group of young girls last Thursday, their demeanor immediately changed, as they were now in the presence of a queen. I am extremely proud to be a role-model to numerous young individuals around the world and truly enable them with the power of knowledge. I knew from looking into these girls’ eyes that I was truly impacting them and they were taking away something valuable from my presentation.




I was more than excited to kick-off my affiliation with the Boys and Girls Club’s SMART girls program last Thursday at the Mesquite branch. The girls' faces lit up as I walked in the gymnasium and I knew right away – this is the place for me! I had a great time speaking with the girls, ages 6-12, about staying in school, setting goals and how there are no limits to dreaming big! The girls loved answering questions and even getting beaded necklaces for their enthusiasm and participation. I am so proud to be partnered with the Boys and Girls club as I work so passionately with my platform of Creating Hope with the Power of Knowledge while also maintaining the mission of the Boys and Girls Club of helping every child reach their full potentials with core beliefs in hope and opportunity.


“Education truly is the key to success”

No comments:

Post a Comment