Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Distressed Children and Infants International's annual fundraiser!


After months of preparation and planning, I am very proud to announce that the annual Distressed Children and Infants International fundraising event was a huge success! I am very honored to have been on the planning staff and help organize such a wonderful event that highlighted the importance of education and the need to end child labor and poverty in third world countries. I proudly had a booth for my scholarship foundation, Learning Creates Futures. My constantly crowded booth kept me busy and excited! I enjoyed selling scarves and beautiful donated dresses to raise funds for my upcoming winter trip to award scholarships in Bangladesh. 100% of proceeds from my sales went directly to my scholarship foundation. I love working with Distressed Children and Infants International and I am proud and honored to be a spokesperson for such a prestigious organization.





I am looking forward to my trip to Yale University on September 9-10 to be a guest speaker at the annual Child Rights Convention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment