Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Memorable Experience & Amazing Young Ladies


Monday, July 25, 2011 marked the beginning of a week filled with long exhausting days, memorable appearances and most importantly amazing people. As I landed at the O’Hare Chicago airport early that Monday, I had no idea what was in store for me. I was excited, anxious and a bit nervous for the upcoming week at the Miss Teen International pageant.

Day 1 – orientation - It was thrilling to hear about the remarkable young ladies I would be spending the next week with. As each contestant spoke about her hometown, it was astonishing how much I learned about the world!

Day 2 started early with a day filled with appearances; it was possibly my favorite day the entire week! As I spent the day with my fellow sister queens touring Chicago and making appearances at the John Hancock Observatory, Lincoln Zoo and my personal favorite, the Boys and Girls Club, it was very refreshing to simply relax and do what I love best – impact children.

The next few days were filled with long rehearsals, which seemed exhausting at the time but now looking back, I realize those were the best moments shared with the other contestants. We laughed and joked backstage and really spent that time bonding with each other. This gave us the opportunity to get to know each other better and really share with each other our purpose and platform. I am so proud that so many young ladies, just like me, are truly making a difference in this world. The rehearsals flew by and before I knew it, I was dancing the production on stage with all the astonishing contestants. Thursday night preliminary competition quickly turned into Saturday night finals and I was thrilled to be called into the top 10 finalists who would continue on that night.

The night went by quickly and Sunday morning I checked out of the hotel, proudly leaving Chicago as a top 10 finalist in such an honorable competition. My blistered feet are symbols of a great week filled with memorable experiences and amazing young ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment