Creating Hope with The Power of Knowledge

This blog contains information pertinent to Lora Chowdhury - her work with children abroad and other community service activities.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grand Prairie Boys & Girls Club

Before I embarked on my journey at the Miss Teen International pageant, I had another opportunity to visit a Boys and Girls Club SMART girls program. The Grand Prairie Boys and Girls Club welcomed me with smiling faces as a guest speaker to their smart girls. This time was slightly different because not only did I have girls from 9-12, but I was also joined by a group of teenage girls. I was very proud and honored to be respected by a group of girls my own age who participated in my coloring activity and enthusiastically asked questions about college, high school, and advanced classes.

Everyone was excited to go to college, questing after their dreams. Going to the Grand Prairie Boys and Girls Club was truly a remarkable experience and definitely a wonderful afternoon spent right before my trip to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment